The National Institute for International Education (NIIED) is now accepting applications for the 2012 Korean Government Scholarship Program for Graduate Studies. I'm also under the same scholarship.This scholarship is said to be the most prestigious scholarship in Korea for foreigners so why don't you give it a try!
Duration of the Scholarship
- Master’s (01.09.2012 ~ 31.08.2015) : 1 yr. of Korean language + 2 yrs of Master’s
- Doctoral (01.09.2012 ~ 31.08.2016) : 1 yr. of Korean language + 3 yrs of Doctoral
- Monthly Allowance : 900,000 won (KRW) per month.
- Research Allowance : 210,000 won for scholars in the humanities and social sciences; 240,000 won for scholars in natural and mechanic sciences, per semester.
- Relocation (Settlement) Allowance : 200,000 won upon arrival
- Language Training Fee : Full coverage
- Tuition : All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university). The tuition is paid by NIIED.
- Dissertation Printing Costs : 500,000 ~ 800,000 won, depending on the actual costs.
- Medical Insurance : 20,000 won per month will be provided (limited coverage).
- Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean language (TOPIK Level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month (commencing from the degree program)
- The applicant and his/her parents must have foreign citizenship.
- Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for an extended period of time.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of Sep. 1st, 2012 (born after Sep. 1st, 1972).
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1, 2012.
- Applicants must maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution.
- Applicants who have Korean proficiency or English proficiency may be given preference.
- Applicants who apply for natural science and technology program may be given preference.
For detailed guidelines please download the links below.